Let's talk about sex...and other stuff.

Not logged in, login now.  

#1 01-07-16 12:11:57

Mordici123

Video Diaries

Hey there,

Just wondering if we are likely to see the return of Video Diaries in the (near?) future?

I'd imagine from a production point of view, video diaries are one of the hardest types of videos to put together and they are certainly the most, intrusive (I suppose is the word) on the lives of those creating them, but I certainly feel that they offer an insight that no other genre can match, and it would be great to see them again!

#2 05-07-16 02:12:13

Laney
Website

Re: Video Diaries

Lots more video diaries from Laney coming up in the near future! Here's a sneak peek at one of the installments: https://vid.me/5kZW

From a production point of view, I'd imagine video diaries are the easiest kind of video to put together. Just one camera, no professional lights or mics, and the contributor shoots herself on her own time. I really loved shooting my video diary, as did all of the other contributors who have shot them that I've spoken to. It's a project only offered to contributors who really enjoy shooting themselves, so it doesn't feel intrusive at all.

I'm sure there will be more on the way soon from other contributors as well.

#3 05-07-16 10:39:20

bateleur

The video diaries are a lovely feature of IFM, they feel more intimate to me and are generally my favourite videos. Looking forward to more!

#4 05-07-16 14:53:31

Mordici123

Ohh I love sneak peeks, I look forward to the whole instalment!

Thanks for your point of view on the production of the diaries, it's great to here from someone who's done them. I had it in my head that it might be a bit of a pain in the sense that setting the camera up, making sure it is all working fine etc might detract a bit from "the moment", but I suppose it can also add to the excitement a bit as well? The intimacy of having the shoot in your own home (often your own bedroom), but the excitement coming from the voyeuristic feeling as well.

When you say it is something offered to contributors who really enjoy shooting themselves, do you mean that they are something that the IFM team come to you with? Or do you as a contributor put your hand up and say that you want to make a diary?

Thanks again for taking the time to offer your perspective smile.

#5 06-07-16 02:12:01

aven frey
Video editor
Website

Also my favourite content!

Laney's video diary which is due to go up around August is stunning!

laney_1.jpg

laney_2.jpg

laney_3.jpg

laney_4.jpg

laney_5.jpg

#6 06-07-16 02:57:24

Laney
Website

Thanks Aven big_smile

Mordici - setting up the camera is almost as fun as having a maz! Being able to choose what kind of story I wanted to tell in each video, through the location, clothing, camera angles, topics I talk about, toys, and everything else, was such a lovely opportunity to be creative and learn about myself.

My first intention with my video diary was to learn to be completely comfortable in front of the camera. So my first videos are very plain documentary-style; I'm set up where I usually masturbate, wearing the clothes I wore that day, tell a little about what the day was like then maz like nobody's watching. The more I did it the more I was able to convert the nervousness of being recorded into sexual excitement at all of the people getting off on my videos.

But what exactly is the "real me" or "real sexuality" that I was trying to capture? And what exactly is the "real way" in which to do that? People aren't plants or landscapes or starry skies - our authentic reaction to having a camera pointed at us is to alter our behaviour for it.

I started to love playing with which sides of my personality and sexuality I expose through choices I make behind and in front of the camera. Sometimes I'm more explicit, exhibitionistic, acknowledge the camera, other times I reveal less. It's a dance of authenticity and artifice, another outlet to indulge the self-obsession which is so cultivated in each person (and particularly millennials omg srsly) through social media and neoliberalism.

I shot these episodes quite a while ago now, and I think I've covered the "real me", plain, doco-style angle pretty well. If I were to shoot more I'd like to be more creative with them - after all, directing, filming and performing my own concepts is still capturing the "real me", just maybe a more interesting side.

#7 15-07-16 07:10:56

Ejaculator

Very anxious to see these vid's, Laney.
I'm dam sure there will be delightful and full of sensuality.
Still a few weeks of patience I understand.

#8 15-07-16 07:15:20

Laney
Website

I'm glad to hear it Ejaculator! I'm very excited as well. The first video is scheduled to go up on the 4th of August so not too long now smile.

#9 15-07-16 18:07:49

Janeson76

Laney wrote:

I'm glad to hear it Ejaculator! I'm very excited as well. The first video is scheduled to go up on the 4th of August so not too long now smile.

Great news! These look mesmerising smile

#10 16-07-16 00:37:31

ThatIndividual

You look truly beautiful in and out of those outfits, Laney smile

#11 18-07-16 20:45:36

viva
pretty pretty princess
Website

Laney I am so excited to watch and write for your videos coming next month... SO excited!!!

#12 20-07-16 07:54:21

Laney
Website

Aww thank you Viva! ^_^

#13 28-07-16 08:14:56

sondrine

I've just shot a couple of my own.. they're my favourite thing to shoot so far ! As much as I love the professionalism of a studio/location shoot with beautiful lighting and a bunch of cameras all on me, I love being in control of the camera. The more I shoot the more experimental they become, because I can play with angles and lighting and spontaneity... Looking forward to seeing what you will do with them Aven !!

#14 03-08-16 05:54:32

ThatIndividual

sondrine wrote:

I've just shot a couple of my own.. they're my favourite thing to shoot so far ! As much as I love the professionalism of a studio/location shoot with beautiful lighting and a bunch of cameras all on me, I love being in control of the camera. The more I shoot the more experimental they become, because I can play with angles and lighting and spontaneity... Looking forward to seeing what you will do with them Aven !!

I look forward to that afternoon!

#15 20-08-16 22:49:36

d1192b

Laney wrote:

Thanks Aven big_smile

Mordici - setting up the camera is almost as fun as having a maz! Being able to choose what kind of story I wanted to tell in each video, through the location, clothing, camera angles, topics I talk about, toys, and everything else, was such a lovely opportunity to be creative and learn about myself.

My first intention with my video diary was to learn to be completely comfortable in front of the camera. So my first videos are very plain documentary-style; I'm set up where I usually masturbate, wearing the clothes I wore that day, tell a little about what the day was like then maz like nobody's watching. The more I did it the more I was able to convert the nervousness of being recorded into sexual excitement at all of the people getting off on my videos.

But what exactly is the "real me" or "real sexuality" that I was trying to capture? And what exactly is the "real way" in which to do that? People aren't plants or landscapes or starry skies - our authentic reaction to having a camera pointed at us is to alter our behaviour for it.

I started to love playing with which sides of my personality and sexuality I expose through choices I make behind and in front of the camera. Sometimes I'm more explicit, exhibitionistic, acknowledge the camera, other times I reveal less. It's a dance of authenticity and artifice, another outlet to indulge the self-obsession which is so cultivated in each person (and particularly millennials omg srsly) through social media and neoliberalism.

I shot these episodes quite a while ago now, and I think I've covered the "real me", plain, doco-style angle pretty well. If I were to shoot more I'd like to be more creative with them - after all, directing, filming and performing my own concepts is still capturing the "real me", just maybe a more interesting side.

I love your videos!  Any estimates on the number of people getting off to them?

Board footer