Let's talk about sex...and other stuff.

Not logged in, login now.  

#1 17-03-06 20:35:34

Elfman

TECHNICAL STUFF

I am very impressed with the lighting, framing and editing of the films.  It must be very difficult to visualise what the eventual shot will look like since you are hampered by not having any technicians present during the actual filming.  Do you do a "dummy run" with the subjects in situe in order to get the lighting and focus right then leave them alone to shoot the film themselves?  It would appear that the  cameras are a lot more sophisticated than those used in beautiful agony.

Now just a small suggestion if I may.  I, like many of your subscribers I am sure, like to save the vids on my PC.  Problem is that the films saved on the file appear as identical  pictures of your thunder storm motif.  I have inserted a still shot taken from the film at the beginning of each vid to make it is easier to identify one from another with the help of Windows movie maker.  I wonder if you might consider doing something similar to this for the sake of us collectors.

Lovely work guys.  I look forward eagerly to the next video.

Elfman

#2 17-03-06 21:49:32

Belgareth

Re: TECHNICAL STUFF

I agree with you that the finished product is impressive but having noticed one of the videos with an obvious shadow of a person other than the subject (which did distract me for a few seconds), I'm not completely sure about them all being shot without attendance. This isn't intended as a putdown, just an observation, as the shadow could well be the partner of the subject in question, who may have nothing at all to do with the compsition of the shoot - it might even be Liandra lurking for some reason or other.

Per Ardua ad Adastra

#3 17-03-06 23:07:40

Elfman

I didn't notice that Belgareth.  Which video was it?

Elfman.

#4 18-03-06 13:09:33

Belgareth

Elfman wrote:

I didn't notice that Belgareth.  Which video was it?

Elfman.

If I told you it might distract you also. If you didn't notice it - that's fine.

Per Ardua ad Adastra

#5 18-03-06 13:26:09

richard
Administrator

Belgareth wrote:

I agree with you that the finished product is impressive but having noticed one of the videos with an obvious shadow of a person other than the subject (which did distract me for a few seconds), I'm not completely sure about them all being shot without attendance. This isn't intended as a putdown, just an observation, as the shadow could well be the partner of the subject in question, who may have nothing at all to do with the compsition of the shoot - it might even be Liandra lurking for some reason or other.

With just a couple of special exceptions (which will be very obvious when you see them), the girls are alone during their shoots.  There are no operators.

#6 18-03-06 13:37:27

Bishop of Bath & Wells

I noticed this as well, but upon further inspection I concluded the shadow was actually that of her leg.

Bish

#7 18-03-06 13:37:52

Belgareth

richard wrote:
Belgareth wrote:

With just a couple of special exceptions (which will be very obvious when you see them), the girls are alone during their shoots.  There are no operators.

Richard and Elfman, I will offer an apology for my statement.

I re-examined my initial observations a few minutes ago, in slow motion and I now hold my hand up and say I was mistaken. The shadow which distracted me was from the lower body of subject herself, which was off camera and had been caught in the light.

Last edited by Belgareth (18-03-06 13:38:21)

Per Ardua ad Adastra

Board footer