Let's talk about sex...and other stuff.

Not logged in, login now.  

#1 25-04-24 00:51:54

Quarter1723

Rolling Stone - Billie Eilish

She is very open about her sexuality and self care. Interesting read.

#2 27-04-24 06:32:20

Hangdog90

Re: Rolling Stone - Billie Eilish

Quarter1723 wrote:

It's a great interview.

I laughed when Billie said she should have a Ph.D. in masturbation, but she made a serious point about the health positives, things we have heard in so many profile videos on this site. This is what she said:

"I like to masturbate in front of a mirror, partly because it’s hot, but it also makes me have such a raw, deep connection to myself and my body, and have a love for my body that I have not really ever had. I got to say, looking at yourself in the mirror and thinking ‘I look really good right now’ is so helpful. You can manufacture the situation you’re in to make sure you look good. You can make the light super dim, you can be in a specific outfit or in a specific position that’s more flattering. I have learned that looking at myself and watching myself feel pleasure has been an extreme help in loving myself and accepting myself, and feeling empowered and comfortable..”

Wonderful woman! No chance she would guest-star here with a home video, I suppose??? !!!

Last edited by Hangdog90 (27-04-24 15:59:53)

#3 27-04-24 07:38:56

richard
Administrator

Fantastic to hear a high profile role model come out and de-demonise masturbation.  I saw this article on a FB post, can't remember what the group was, and 90% of the comments were negative.  Just shows what harm has been done to former generations.

#4 27-04-24 13:15:43

pole1cat

I'm a guy in my mid-thirties. My sex ed was crap. The word "pleasure" was never mentioned. I can't imagine how much worse it was for previous generations.

If all we/they were told was that sex is bad and masturbation is worse, then the reaction to the Facebook post is understandable (though still depressing).

Billie comes across as natural, and herself, in the RS interview. Long may that continue.

Cheers,
polecat

#5 29-04-24 03:39:22

MS2020

I thought it was a terrific read. I've always loved it when someone's actually willing to talk publicly about masturbation as something positive. Especially when it's someone female. That Billie tied it her mental health and body image struggles that she's been open about for so long makes it even better.

There's a raw vulnerability it her along with the strength and humor that I really respect. It's not the first time she risked getting a ton of crap for just being true to herself The willingness for any young girl to dress "boyish" is bound to get you ridiculed. Even while other might praise you for not trying to looking like a sex kitten. Then once she felt comfortable enough to start wearing outfits more feminine and form fitting she was accused (as I knew she would be) of selling out. Her response was just write. That women are multifaceted and should by allowed to show different sides to themselves.

It's not like anyone going to always know how to take it well. In the same RS interview she admits to overreacting to Variety pretty much outing her. There's talk about opening up about having feeling for women too. This was another good quote.

“Who fucking cares?” she says. “The whole world suddenly decided who I was, and I didn’t get to say anything or control any of it. Nobody should be pressured into being one thing or the other, and I think that there’s a lot of wanting labels all over the place. Dude, I’ve known people that don’t know their sexuality, or feel comfortable with it, until they’re in their forties, fifties, sixties. It takes a while to find yourself, and I think it’s really unfair, the way that the internet bullies you into talking about who you are and what you are.”

Such an incredible person. Seems so little, but there's just so much of her. Rock on Billie

Last edited by MS2020 (29-04-24 03:41:37)

#6 29-04-24 08:43:33

alsbosilver

We must ask her to become a contributor!!  smile

Christian (France)

#7 29-04-24 12:04:25

Hangdog90

alsbosilver wrote:

Christian (France)

I would definitely offer her a free subscription to Ifeelmyself, to make her aware of how aligned its philosophy is with her own. Tell her a free subscription is just a benefit of her boujee life as a star!

Last edited by Hangdog90 (29-04-24 12:05:21)

#8 29-04-24 19:04:43

smoothed

Hangdog90 wrote:
alsbosilver wrote:

Christian (France)

I would definitely offer her a free subscription to Ifeelmyself, to make her aware of how aligned its philosophy is with her own. Tell her a free subscription is just a benefit of her boujee life as a star!

Maybe she's already a subscriber? wink

#9 29-04-24 19:22:23

tuboman81

smoothed wrote:
Hangdog90 wrote:
alsbosilver wrote:

Christian (France)

Maybe she's already a subscriber? wink

That would be super cool! cool

#10 30-04-24 00:19:58

richard
Administrator

I would offer her a lifetime subscription but alas, I can't see her taking the leap to BA let alone IFM.

#11 30-04-24 03:48:20

Hangdog90

richard wrote:

I would offer her a lifetime subscription but alas, I can't see her taking the leap to BA let alone IFM.

We can but dream.

I wouldn't expect her to do a scene, but wouldn't it be cool have someone else masturbate to a Billie soundtrack and with those quotes from her Rolling Stone rolling as the opening frame?

#12 30-04-24 08:19:48

alsbosilver

Hangdog90 wrote:
richard wrote:

We can but dream.

I wouldn't expect her to do a scene, but wouldn't it be cool have someone else masturbate to a Billie soundtrack and with those quotes from her Rolling Stone rolling as the opening frame?

Oh yes, its a good idea !

#13 30-04-24 13:08:30

Grace_R

Quarter1723 wrote:

Amazing article!! Thanks for the rec

Board footer