Let's talk about sex...and other stuff.

Not logged in, login now.  

#1 22-03-06 01:42:51

blissed

Yonic art

I think In Chloe's preview video she says
"and maybe occationally sticking my finger in my........................" Then theres a  bit of a silence simply because there isn't an acceptable word for vagina. The worsed insult in the English language likens someone to a vagina, so it's no wonder it's seen as something so awful and embarrassing you can't show any images of it anywhere without a public health warning.
I think Yonic art (Yonic art) (web designs a bit naff)  could change that though, because if it was used in architecture, fabric prints or through out the media, I think it may give people who've got a Yoni (Yoni) (you'd get use to it smile) (praps not) a better self image when it comes to how they feel about theirs. I still think the best euphomism is 'Flower' (flower) though. Anyway, be nice to collect a few views from people who've actually got one or who've even just got access to one or even people who've never actually seen one.

vaginahx82nt.jpg +::+ my favourite

dubaipic3vr.jpg For an architect to place this in Dubai, an islamic country, was either a co-incidental design or a nice piece of piss takery.

suz38ka.jpg

nornan123va.jpg quite a nice site is myvag.net

Last edited by blissed (22-03-06 02:30:07)

(Self made tycoon and independant financial advisor to the stars)

#2 22-03-06 02:42:31

aven frey
Video editor
Website

Re: Yonic art

There is a painter named Georgia Okeef who is a little partial to a bit of Yonic art!!!

#3 22-03-06 02:44:59

aven frey
Video editor
Website

There use to be this cartoon on the abc a bit before 6 (if any Aussies can help me out with the name) where the Aliens had very suspect faces!! I think whoever designed them liked their Yoni's. By the way where did you get Yoni from Blissed???

#4 22-03-06 02:52:50

blissed

#5 22-03-06 02:58:42

blissed

I know it seems a bit of a loopy word but it'd  be nice to have a positive official word. and cunt is so offensive becaise it's mostly about violence really

Last edited by blissed (22-03-06 02:59:07)

#6 22-03-06 03:08:29

aven frey
Video editor
Website

a friend of mine calls it a  Noni - very similar to your word

#7 22-03-06 03:19:38

pimm

blissed wrote:

I know it seems a bit of a loopy word but it'd  be nice to have a positive official word. and cunt is so offensive becaise it's mostly about violence really

To a certain extent words are what we make them. It is true that "cunt" is often used in a highly negative way... as is "fuck." However, said at the right time and in the right way I feel that both words can be quite positive and erotic. I avoid using sexual words as profanities. That way when I tell my lover that I want to fuck her, it comes across as a statement of healthy lustful desire rather than something angry and violent. It seems to work for us. However, it is true that although my lover is comfortable with "fuck" she is not fond of "cunt." We usually go with "pussy" to refer to that part of the female anatomy.

Peter

#8 22-03-06 07:54:59

dauphinb

blissed wrote:

cunt is so offensive becaise it's mostly about violence really

The thing about "cunt" is that it *sounds* violent. "Fuck," too: It's easy to make harsh-sounding utterances with these words because they're short, highly accented syllables with harsh consonant sounds. Think about it... both words sound like sounds you might make if you'd been punched in the gut!

I agree that "yoni" sounds much nicer. OTOH, "a rose by any other name still smells as sweet." (Literally and figuratively wink )

#9 22-03-06 10:06:18

Jakeview

The word "cunt" has only recently become disparaging. It used to be widely used and in a positive light, even by Shakespeare.

"In fact, 'cunt' wasn't considered obscene until the 17th Century. The earliest known reference in English is to a street frequented by prostitutes called 'Gropecuntlane.' Which sounds like a Monty Python joke, but it's not. (Sound it out.) In fact, according to some etymologists, "cunt" was not used as a term of abuse for a woman until the 20th century. Before that it only referred to a part of the body."

Cite

#10 22-03-06 11:12:41

msnevil

Ok, Time to embarrass myself.

Yoni is a symbol Of the female form of the phallus.

The Aryan (Persian) Religion Had many symbols for different God's and Goddesses.

The Yoni Symbol spread to the Indus valley. The Lotus was the Western Version of the "yoni symbol".

The Ancient Canaanites For Exp. Had The Phallus symbol for Baal, and the Lotus symbol For Astarte. By Union of the Phallus and Lotus, Spring "Rebirth" Would be Reborn. (ie Fertility and Harvest.)

Like Wise the Yoni was the symbol Of Shakti. It represented the "divine passage" of Children into the World. And to the greater respect of increasing Farm produce.

The picture of Devine passage Was the Vulva, And Hindu people worshiped the Devine Vulva for a better agriculture yield.

(Note: Yoni Means "Womb" literally. Not "Vulva"! When the Western World seized the symbol. The symbol lost its original meaning. And become a symbol For Feminine empowerment or Further Goddess worship.

Like Somebody stated above, Yoni is not associated with patriarchical "subjection" language. Like Cunt, Coochie, Twat, etc. And Thus is a PC Word for liberated woman around the "western" world.)

#11 22-03-06 12:33:23

Elfman

Thanks for the above msnevil.  I like a bit of education with my forums.

Personally I have always liked “quim”.  Sort of warm and cosy sounding.  I believe the word is Elizabethan in origin.

Another popular Elizabethan euphemism was “corner”.  When Othello first suspects Desdemona of adultery with Casio he says “I had rather be a toad, and live upon the vapour of a dungeon, than keep a corner in the thing I love for others' uses”.

Elfman.

#12 22-03-06 18:48:46

blissed

Jakeview wrote:

The word "cunt" has only recently become disparaging. It used to be widely used and in a positive light, even by Shakespeare.

"In fact, 'cunt' wasn't considered obscene until the 17th Century. The earliest known reference in English is to a street frequented by prostitutes called 'Gropecuntlane.

I've heard of 'Gropecuntlane' (and 'Tickle cock bridge') Some people want to reclaim the word cunt, but I think that can only happen really if it falls out of fashion as a term of abuse.

dauphinb wrote:

both words sound like sounds you might make if you'd been punched in the gut!

Ha ha yeah their both words I'd actually use if I was punched in the stomach, especially fuck. Luckily that hasn't happened to me very much, cuz I can run really fast smile

pimm wrote:

she is not fond of "cunt." We usually go with "pussy"

Pussy's fun, but still patriarchal (I'm getting fussy now)

Elfman wrote:

Personally I have always liked “quim”.  Sort of warm and cosy sounding.  I believe the word is Elizabethan in origin.

I like quim. It gives you the mental picture of a feather quill which is a nice object.

msnevil wrote:

Ok, Time to embarrass myself.

But you didn't though did you. I think Yoni seems to have quite a few nice connotations. BTW I'm saying it as yone..ee as in bone.

msnevil wrote:

Like Wise the Yoni was the symbol Of Shakti. It represented the "divine passage" of Children into the World.

I don't think anyone would describe the feeling of passing a child through a vagina as divine smile but I take your point, a Yoni doesn't get any respect in our culture for doing that, well, it doesn't get any respect in our culture at all, unless it's completely unused.

Last edited by blissed (23-03-06 03:19:19)

#13 23-03-06 05:58:29

dauphinb

Elfman wrote:

I had forgotten about "quim"; that's a good one. I also like "quaint" (sometimes spelled "queint"), which, IIRC, I first encountered in Chaucer.

Board footer